Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Lovina Flow




I had one of the most incredible runs of my life today. This must be what runners call the "high" and I can see why it would be addictive. Chemically, this five minutes of joy must have been the result of a perfect storm of endorphins, serotonin, hormones and actually running downhill. The soundtrack was the Inception theme in a deep house trance d.j. mix in the middle of some weird podcast of dance music I downloaded.

I am having one severe bad hair day after another here, but man that run was awesomely epic.

I cried. There was no effort. It was flow and now I know.

Holy shit. Unfortunately, I will be missing the bike blessing ceremony this Friday in Jimbaran. Paul arrives on Saturday and Sunday is the big day.

According to Mr. Angsoka, the owner of my hotel here in Lovina, Kalibukbuk village, today the Balinese are celebrating iron. I might have missed something in the conversation, but there did seem to be an increased number of offerings while I was out and about.


That run, though. Wow.

- Posted using BlogPress from the iPad that has come into my possession.

Location:Kalibukbuk Village, Bali

No comments:

Post a Comment