Saturday, June 16, 2012

Budding in Ubud

It took 36 hours to get here from Toronto. Each leg of the journey was a kind of blessing and now the technology of capturing the moment is causing trouble.




I'm all ears and eyes and awkward sidewalk adjusting limbs here. It's the middle of the night. I am going out for a run this morning even if it kills me. One of the flights, the 13 hour one between Vancouver and Taipei almost did as I was super ill. Very bad. When I informed the lovely flight attendant that I thought I was going to "be sick", she returned in minutes with a fairly large China Airlines plastic shopping bag. Not as discrete as I'd hoped.
I won't go into details.
It's, of course, comical now because it all got much worse before it got better, which it did... in time.
Someone I know from Montreal and haven't seen in years was on the same two flights to Bali. He's on his honeymoon. His wife works as an meteorology analyst for the aviation industry and this seemed like a good luck charm for onward travel.
In the Taipei airport:




See you later.
Ubud is absolutely stunning. My first gado gado was awesome too.
Posted using BlogPress on the i-touch.

Location:Jalan Hanoman,Ubud,Indonesia

No comments:

Post a Comment