Sunday, May 5, 2013

The curve

I struggle with perception: my own mainly. What do I know about how other people think? Rhetorically and really...zero, zip, nothing, nada. I do know, though, that the discipline of running gives me a kind of mobile meditation.

This morning I had to make/take the decision to not run the Goodlife Toronto Half. I fell down in a movie theatre a couple of weeks ago in Chiang Mai (seeing Oblivion, I add) - a spectacular wipeout with no witnesses. I have been limping and nursing a tender ankle ever since. I erred on the side of caution today as I figured best to avoid more serious injury. Right now, I feel perfectly fine.

Irony is very irritating, but I don't believe in regret.

On a short High Park outing the other day to test the ankle, I ran into these guys:



Also, the cherry blossoms:



- Posted using BlogPress and an iPad mini and a little bit of willpower and a lot of humility.

1 comment: